You’ll Love Birchbox
What is it?
It’s a “try before you buy” service! For $10 a month, you receive a box in the mail filled with 4 or 5 samples of beauty and lifestyle products. The concept is to help you make informed decisions about the products you buy, so you can always purchase the full size products on the Birchbox website.
First, you have to request an invitation to subscribe (like Pinterest), but it doesn’t take long to hear back. Then, you fill out information about yourself – your hair type, skin conditions, interests etc. The boxes ship in the middle of the month, so I got mine about 2 weeks ago. Here’s what was inside:
- a piece of delicious caramel filled Ghiradelli chocolate
- a mini nail polish in the Pantone color of the year, Emerald Green – not my color, but a generous sample
- a good sized sample of delicious smelling hair detangler/leave-in conditioner
- a small trial tube of BB cream/makeup that made my skin look flawless – a little heavy for everyday wear, but nice stuff
- a sample tube of Juicy Couture perfume (which actually has a spray nozzle on it so it isn’t one of those annoying little dabbers) that smells really lovely, and I’m pretty picky about perfume.
After you’ve received your box, you are encouraged to go onto the Birchbox website and review the products. For every product you review, you get 10 points, and for every 100 points, you get $10 to spend in the Birchbox store (Free money!). You can also earn points for referring friends, so puh-puh-please, if you want to sign up, use the following link and help a sista’ out:
I highly recommend it – you get a fun package in the mail (who doesn’t love getting mail?) and you get to play with products you might not normally buy for yourself. I have a few friends who have been subscribers for a few months and they all said that this last package wasn’t the best they’ve received, so things can only get better!
Here’s a little video in case you’re not sold yet…
See? Look how happy they all are! Kids love it, people with really pink lips love it, and men can even play too!
Are you a member? Did you get these products or different ones? Let me know if you join and we can compare our loot!