Check It: Winter Essentials
Kristen and I are switching up the Monday posting duties for the time being so I thought it would be fun to start a new series. I’ll be putting together some visuals for us so it’s easier to remember that Mondays aren’t so bad.
It’s a fresh week, full of possibilities, and you’re left with 5 days to plan your next weekend adventure. Chin up. No more letters to Mondays on your Facebook status telling it to go away. Remember too that you have until Thursday night to participate in our latest Instagram Challenge by tagging your photos with #tlacwarmthoughts. Check out Jessie’s post from Friday with all the details.
If you’re in the Northeast like I am, it’s no secret that it’s freezing out. However, it’s a little more tolerable if you have a few things to combat the cold. Here are my favorites lately:
1. Crabtree & Evelyn Gardener’s Hand Therapy: This was a gift from my lovely sister-in-law for Christmas and I love it! It’s one of the best hand creams I’ve used for really dry hands since it works quickly and isn’t greasy.
2. Neutrogena Naturals Lip Balm: This came as a free gift with some face wash I bought recently. Some lip balms can feel really waxy or wear off before they really help anything you know? Also, with all the germs going around this time of year, I don’t really like the idea of sticking my finger in a pot of Carmex. This one is a little minty and feels really silky without being sticky. Great for those walks to the office when your hair keeps getting blown in your face.
3. L.L. Bean 100th Anniversary Maine Hunting Shoe: I’ve wanted Bean boots for a really long time and after trying on six different pairs up in Freeport, these were the ones I went with. They’re unlined which I like since I can wear them with thick socks in the winter or with thinner ones in the spring when it’s muddy.
4. Darn Tough Socks: Speaking of thick socks, I love these ones. I actually picked up a pair for Conor at Marshalls a couple of years ago. After listening to him rave about them ever since, I keep an eye out for them whenever I go in. The colors aren’t so trendy but who really cares if you’re wearing them under awesome boots anyway?
5. Slouchy Gray Beanie: I was really late to the slouchy beanie party. I’m willing to admit that. This one is from Urban Outfitters but I have one from the Gap that I love too. They keep my ears warm, aren’t as tight as a ski hat so they don’t crimp my hair, and they look a little more fashionable too. Besides, gray is so hot right now.