Instagram Challenge: Week One Winner & Next Week’s Challenge
Our first week of the Instagram Challenge was a smashing success! I hope this got your creative juices flowing and made you think outside the box. Thank you to everyone who played along and submitted various interpretations of what “home” means to you. Make sure to read to the bottom for next week’s challenge!
A quick review of the rules -
- take Instagram photos that represent (personally or universally) our weekly challenge
- tag them with #tlac plus the tag we announce as the theme for the week (for this past week: #home)
- submit as many photos as you’d like
- one winner and 2 honorable mentions will be announced per challenge for each week of May
- at the end of the game (June 2) we will ask YOU, the readers, to cast your vote for the overall winner!
- the winner will receive a handmade papercut of the state (or country) of your choice and color combo
The winner of the #HOME challenge is…
@jaclynwburke with a photo of her homecoming to a very expectant pup! Any dog owner can relate to the feeling this photo portrays, and we certainly think it feels like home. Congratulations Jackie, this photo will now be entered into the final round!
The honorable mentions go to:
@missmykelle for the visual of her home state
and @kenfra for her photo within a photo of what we’ll presume is her family!
Now, the theme for Week Two of the Instagram Challenge: #tlacpatterns (Note: this is different from last week – ONE tag, tlac incorporated this time due to the fact that there are over 26,000 photos tagged with “patterns” already on Instagram!)
We’d like to see you think even further outside the box and capture textures and patterns you see around you. Try cropping in close and feel free to experiment with your filters and the new contrast tool! Here are a couple of examples to get you started:
Please spread the word so we can deepen the pool. If you missed last week, don’t hesitate to start now! We can’t wait to see what you come up with!